09 February 2010

peaches christ superstar

peaches + jesus christ superstar. yep. oh to be in berlin for this show!


Peaches Christ Superstar
featuring Chilly Gonzales


Premiere March 25th. Also running on the 26th and 27th March 2010.
Peaches, the bad girl of electro punk, and Chilly Gonzales, piano virtuoso and rap entertainer, will bring their unique, completely stripped version of “Jesus Christ Superstar” the rock opera,  to the stage of HAU 1.

They'll narrate the story of the last week in the life of Jesus Christ – from entering Jerusalem until the crucifixion, using songs from the musical. Peaches will sing all roles including: Jesus, Maria Magdalena, the disciples and the Pharisees, alongside Gonzales' piano accompaniment. Don't miss this concert version of Jesus Christ Superstar by two extra-ordinary performers!

Peaches: “To perform Jesus Christ Superstar as a one-woman-song is a crazy enterprise. Very demanding and very difficult. When I was sixteen I often sang the whole musical to myself all alone in my room. It tells an entire story without spoken text, only with vocals, in the style of a rock opera. I’m a performer, my concerts are extravagant and play with exaggerations. This project allows me to do without all this. I want to confront this task totally exposed, because it is a possibility. It's a question of stamina.

When I told Gonzales about this crazy idea he replied: ‘I want to accompany you on piano.’ Until then, we didn’t know that we shared an obsession for this musical, and that secretly both of us already knew it by heart.”


A production by HAU
Ticket: 11 und 18 €, reduced for (Children, Students, etc.) 7 €
Box Office: 030-259004 27 
HAU 2, Hallesches Ufer 32 (12 – 19 Uhr)
www.hebbel-am-ufer.de


http://peaches.fanbridge.com/campaigns/show.php?id=592234&src=myspace

No comments: