24 July 2008

day 2






so here's day two:
i got a bit of a late start (slept til 2!!!) but then i got cleaned up and dressed, found a map book and went out exploring. i walked all the way over to cemetiere pere lachaise and then decided to buy a metro pass and make my way towards the center of the city. 

metro tunnel:
i saw this very chic lady on the street when i got off the train. i love that she is wearing heels and is quite neutral, but with a pop of color with her scarff. not quite sure where i was at the time. i just guessed at the train stops... very adventurous.
was not nearly as impressed with this particular look... mesh tank and saggy jeans? i think not...
i just kept walking and walking and walking and eventually i ran in to the seine. the weather is GORGEOUS here. a lil toasty, but beautiful and sunny.
Rive Gauche:
as i was walking i noticed this little side walkway which was soooo cute and cobblestone! it had little restaurants and a jewelry shop.
this is luxembourg gardens, which i also stumbled upon completely by accident. it was very pretty and cute. they have chairs all throughout and everyone just sits around chatting and sunning. a french man hit on me here. he was trying to be suave about it, but i noticed him when i was sitting down and then he followed me when i was walking away. he asked me for the time... original, n'est pas? he was nice though, and not creepy.
cool statue in luxembourg gardens:
so then i walked some more (do you see a theme here? i have huge blisters on my feet!) i passed a gap and a levis store. i wonder why everybody wants to dress like americans? and then alas, i was hungry and tired and i saw the golden arches sign up ahead. so i stopped for dinner. the funny thing is not that i had mcdonald's for dinner in paris, it's that i don't even eat mcdonald's at home in the states! they do serve evian though and they have an excellent selection of gourmet desserts. the apple was from a previous stop along my walk.
the view from my window seat, however, was much nicer than at home. i want to marry the guy who has the apartment with the wraparound balcony on top. he was attractive... ;-) 
so after dinner i walked around some more until i found a train station to go home. i got a little confused and ended up taking 3 trains instead of two, but for my first day on public transportation, i think i did pretty good! then this guy was talking to me in french and i kept telling him i didn't understand what he was saying (i understood some, but i didn't want to talk to him...) but he kept following me and talking to me! ugh! it was sooooo annoying! he finally got my point and left, but i was about to get violent! then i came home, watched a movie and went to bed.

so after dinner i walked around some more until i found a train station to go home. i got a little confused and ended up taking 3 trains instead of two, but for my first day on public transportation, i think i did pretty good! then this guy was talking to me in french and i kept telling him i didn't understand what he was saying (i understood some, but i didn't want to talk to him...) but he kept following me and talking to me! ugh! it was sooooo annoying! he finally got my point and left, but i was about to get violent! then i came home, watched a movie and went to bed.


5 comments:

norawoah said...

je suis tres jealouse! Je vais aller la beintot!

Krissy said...

this is not a comment about france.
ah putain!

a) how did you find my blog?
b) great job
c) i have web tracker which is the only way i found you anyway

... said...

Ah ! I love your blog's name "OUi oui oui"
very funny for a parisien like me ...
Don't eat too much MacDo it's not healthy !!
I am happy to see people like you love Paris.
Good Luck in France

Fred the Mole

Maybe you will mary a french guy ... Who knows ???

... said...

Oups sorry it's Oui ou oui !

erin alison said...

don't worry fred, i won't eat too much mcdonald's. i don't even really like it that much! but it was there...
yes or yes is a little joke i have with a friend back home so i just translated it...

if you know any cute, preferably wealthy (as i don't have a job) french guys, send them my way! haha.